Thought Of The Week


I saw this pin on Pinterest and it really got me thinking. So many times in life we're dreaming, wishing, and planning for the next best thing.  In the midst of all this hoping and dreaming we miss out on the present. 

In 8 months I will be a Registered Nurse. God willing. I'm in a constant day dream about what I'll do when I'm making more that $4 an hour as a waitress. As I dream about future vacations and plan how to save enough money to get a new car, I'm missing so much of this phase of my life. 

Yes, living week to week and saying no to things I really want does suck. But in 8 months I will no longer be in college. Which means that I will have a "big girl" job, with full time hours, and "big girl" bills. Out of college also means no more summer vacations or weekends off. 

We all know that life is all about phases.  The not so great phases not only teach us, but allow us to truly appreciate the really great ones. 

I whole heartily believe that everyone needs dreams and goals and of course a great plan to achieve them. But when your life becomes more about planning and dreaming and less about living that's a problem. Like everything else in life it's all about balance. 

My goal is to start enjoying the here and now. I want to savor the little things and see the lessons in the trails.

XOXO, Natalie



Comments

Popular Posts